We are looking for a Systems Admin / DevOps Engineer to join our team and help us to manage, develop and extend our infrastructure.
Nelios is the leading digital marketing agency in Greece dedicated to the travel industry. With more than 240 hotel clients including some of the best hotels in Greece and more than 96% annual contracts renewal rate, the company has a rapid growth the last 5 years.
Nelios vision is to contribute to the growth of the greek travel industry by increasing hoteliers profitability. Our mission is to help hoteliers increase their direct (non-commission) bookings by using cutting edge technology and solid digital marketing strategies.
About the role
We have a number of systems running (workstations, web & database servers, samba servers, continuous integration and delivery systems) and we are looking for someone who knows the Linux whereabouts, who is strongly familiar with such infrastructures, and with a strong understanding of systems management. The Ideal candidate would collaboratively participate in software development processes, handle all operational aspects of software life cycle in various environments with a passion for automation, as well as be able to demonstrate solid understanding of the underlying infrastructure and networking.
- Maintain, monitor, troubleshoot and deploy workstations, systems, services, servers and applications
- Use automation tools application deployment, maintenance and monitoring our systems
- System troubleshooting and problem-solving across our infrastructure (hardware, network, server and service issues)
- Create documentation for services performed
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support
- Keep an eye out for needed updates
- Ensure network security and connectivity
- Virtualization technology Setup / Configure / Maintain
- Be part of the decision-making team by evaluating different technology options and vendor products and helping solve business needs with robust technology
At least 2 years of professional experience with the following:
- Proven experience in a network administrator role
- Linux servers administration, setup, troubleshooting, deployment
- Good understanding of software development life cycle, continuous integration and continuous delivery (like Jenkins)
- Strong networking skills, especially TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS
- Experience with Systems design
- Experience with monitoring tools like New Relic
- Experience with automation tools like RunDeck & Chef
- Familiarity with relational and non-relational databases (Mysql, Postgres, Mongodb) will be considered a plus
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes will be considered a plus
- WHM/CPanel, Plesk, Webmin panel experience is a must
- Fluency in English (speaking/reading/writing)
- Degree is not a must; however it will be considered as a strong asset. Considerable relevant experience or a combination of education and relevant professional working experience is key.
- Analytical / Problem Solver
- Attention to detail
- Team player
- ‘Can-do’ attitude
- Competitive salary, tailored to each candidate’s skills and experience
- Friendly, casual environment and open culture
- Discounted rates on hotels clients of Nelios
If this seems like your own set of skills, please apply today by sending us your CV at email@example.com. With your application, please include a brief description of what you have been actively involved with during the past couple of years.
Please note that this is a full-time job position and we will disregard submissions from other agencies and freelancers for remote working.